Tuesday, 17 February 2026

IndiGo extends cancellation of four international flights due to Iran-US tensions

Facebook
X
WhatsApp
Telegram
Email
IndiGo and Air India have stopped using the Iranian airspace and are flying alternative routes for their long-haul flights. - Photo courtesy of IndiGo

LET’S READ SUARA SARAWAK/ NEW SARAWAK TRIBUNE E-PAPER FOR FREE AS ​​EARLY AS 2 AM EVERY DAY. CLICK LINK

NEW DELHI, India: India’s IndiGo extended the cancellation of four international flight destinations until March 28 due to military tensions between Iran and the United States (US).

The airline halted flights on the Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent routes in late January, and then extended the cancellations until February 28.

“The previously announced cancellations have been extended until March 28, 2026.

“The safety and well-being of our customers and crew remain our highest priority, and we continue to closely monitor the situation while reviewing schedules to minimise inconvenience,” the airline said in a post on X on Monday evening.

IndiGo and Air India have stopped using Iranian airspace, according to a new agency PTI report.

The US naval buildup in the region includes an aircraft carrier, three guided missile destroyers, and scores of aircraft, including F-35 fighters.

The aircraft carrier, USS Abraham Lincoln, is operating in international waters in the Middle East and “conducts around the clock flight operations in support of regional security”, the US Central Command said in a separate X post on Monday.

The US is deploying more ships and dozens of carrier-based warplanes, while Iran has heightened its own military preparedness and conducted war drills in the Strait of Hormuz.

The US military is sending the ‘USS Gerald R. Ford’, the world’s largest aircraft carrier, along with its escort ships to the area near Iran. – BERNAMA

Related News

Most Viewed Last 2 Days