Wednesday, 19 August, 2026

11:20 AM

, Kuching, Sarawak

Selampit Bridge builder gets extension to complete project

Facebook
X
WhatsApp
Telegram
Email
Rohani (3rd left) inspects the progress of the Selampit Bridge project. Photo: UKAS

LET’S READ SUARA SARAWAK/ NEW SARAWAK TRIBUNE E-PAPER FOR FREE AS ​​EARLY AS 2 AM EVERY DAY. CLICK LINK

LUNDU: The Selampit Bridge project is targeted for completion by Jan 3, 2027, with the contractor committed to accelerating construction works following the approval of an extension of time (EOT).

The project has currently achieved about 40 per cent physical progress, according to a briefing during a monitoring visit by advisor to the Premier of Sarawak’s Office Datuk Seri Rohani Abdul Karim at the project site on Tuesday.

The visit was held under the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development (KKDW) Sarawak’s physical project monitoring programme.

The contractor’s commitment to intensify works comes amid efforts to address issues that had previously affected the project’s progress, including outstanding payments.

A total of RM90,000 has been disbursed by KKDW, while the remaining RM370,000 is being processed to support the continued progress of the project.

Rohani said continuous monitoring was important to ensure issues affecting the project could be resolved promptly.

She also called on the relevant agencies to assist in resolving payment and technical issues to ensure construction works could proceed consistently.

Meanwhile, the contractor said construction works were ongoing, with further progress dependent on the arrival of the required construction materials.

The contractor also pledged to step up work once the materials arrived to prevent further delays.

The visit also reviewed the latest progress of the Kendaie Road Project, which is currently at the design stage.

Related News

Most Viewed Last 2 Days