KUCHING: The Search and Rescue (SAR) team today successfully recovered the first among three victims who went missing while swimming at Sungai Nanga Tutus in Sibu on Wednesday.
The body, belonging to 13-year-old Nurul Syahiera Salam, was spotted drifting at the jetty at about 2.30pm.
It was immediately fished out of the river and later sent to Sibu Hospital.
The bodies of two other victims, however, were nowhere to be sighted. The SAR operation would continue into its third day today in the area between 1km and 5km radius from where the trio was reported missing.
All three victims were in their teens. Two other victims were identified as 14-year-old boy Trance Gong and 12-year-old girl Trisha Janggok.
According to an eye-witness, who happened to be the victims’ grandmother, the trio had earlier gone to the jetty to do their laundry together with their uncle.
His uncle told the investigating team that the three later decided to go for a swim.
They went missing after taking a second jump into the river, he said.







