By Amirul Mohd Sajadi
MAKKAH, Saudi Arabia: A 77-year-old Malaysian male haj pilgrim died here on Thursday due to intra-abdominal sepsis.
In a statement, Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) said the pilgrim, who was from Machang, Kelantan, was pronounced dead at King Abdul Aziz Hospital at 5:40 pm.
According to TH, he had travelled to the Holy Land with his wife and was part of the KT50 group, staying at the Abraj Al-Tayseer Hotel.
“His remains were brought to Masjidil Haram for funeral prayers after Subuh on Friday before being laid to rest at Al Sharayea Cemetery in Makkah,” it said.
TH also advised haj pilgrims to take care of their health, get sufficient rest, and seek immediate treatment at TH healthcare centres if they experience any health problems while in the Holy Land.
The death of the pilgrim from Machang brings the total number of Malaysian haj pilgrims who have died in the Holy Land for the 1447H/2026M haj season to nine so far. – BERNAMA





