KUCHING: A total of 28 projects are planned for the Kota Sentosa constituency, with additional funding obtained to enhance infrastructure and resolve long-standing issues in the area.
Kota Sentosa assemblyman Wilfred Yap Sau Sin said this aligns with the state government’s focus on making 2026 an implementation year to ensure approved projects are carried out effectively on the ground.
Yap said he had received an extra RM5 million under the Rural Transformation Programme (RTP), which will be channelled into new projects for Kota Sentosa and the Stampin Resettlement Scheme.

“We have another 28 projects coming up and I’m pleased to announce that I have obtained an additional RM5 million RTP allocation. I will be submitting proposals for extra projects soon,” he said when met at his service centre here today (Feb 21).
Earlier, Deputy Premier Datuk Amar Dr Sim Kui Hian witnessed the ‘Kui Kang’ ceremony held at Yap’s office.
Meanwhile, Yap said that Phase 1 of the Stampin Resettlement Scheme, costing RM36 million, is expected to commence in the first quarter of this year, based on information from the Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID).
Yap said that his office would continue monitoring implementation to ensure all approved projects proceed smoothly.
On community facilities, he said upgrading works for community halls and schools had already been carried out under Phase 1 and partly under Phase 2, with Phase 3 expected to begin soon.
“Many of these infrastructure projects were only partially completed previously, and we are working to ensure they reach full completion,” he said.
He also highlighted progress in flood mitigation efforts, noting that Seventh Mile, once prone to flooding, did not experience flash floods despite heavy rains between November and January.
“In the past 15 years, flooding would occur almost every year at the end of the year, but this time there was none.
“I would like to thank the government for responding to requests for additional allocations to resolve these problem areas,” he said.
Yap added that more work remains, but pledged continued efforts to ensure Kota Sentosa’s development keeps pace with the state’s broader goal of inclusive growth.
“We will continue doing our best to make sure Kota Sentosa prospers, in line with the Premier’s promise that no one will be left behind,” he said.





