KUCHING: Stop whining and focus instead on preparations for the state polls, opposition parties have been told.
“Use whatever remaining time that is left to prepare for the battle,” political commentator Datuk Peter Minos advised.
He was referring to the numerous complaints and excuses given by Democratic Action Party (DAP), Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) and Parti Sarawak Bersatu (PSB) in a bid to delay the polls.
“It is obvious that they are not ready for the polls, expected to be called either later November or early December.
“They (the opposition) are deliberately making all the excuses to delay or postpone or even stop the election,” he said on Thursday (Nov 11).
He noted that the opposition had also suggested that it would end up like the Sabah election, held sometime last year, where it contributed to a surge in Covid-19 cases.
“The opposition has also been harping on the Undi18 issue and predicting that the voter turnout will be very low.
“Then they claimed that the election should be done next year where voters, who are 18 years old and above, will be eligible to vote, and no Covid-19 cases will emerge.
“They always questioned why the state election was rushed and cannot be held next year.”
Aside from that, Minos said the opposition claimed that Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) would wipe them out, and also blamed the party for misleading the Agong and Kuala Lumpur and also misleading Sarawakians.





