Friday, 20 February 2026

Sacked deputy president wants ROS to investigate PBDS

Facebook
X
WhatsApp
Telegram
Email
Bobby William

LET’S READ SUARA SARAWAK/ NEW SARAWAK TRIBUNE E-PAPER FOR FREE AS ​​EARLY AS 2 AM EVERY DAY. CLICK LINK

SIBU: The Registrar of Societies (ROS) has been urged to investigate Parti Bansa Dayak Sarawak (PBDS) following the party’s crisis.

Sai Malaka, who claimed to be have been sacked from the party as its deputy president, alleged that PBDS is currently experiencing a crisis due to the sudden resignation of president Bobby William and secretary-general Kipli Ayom.

Before the duo’s resignation, Sai said eight Supreme Council members were also sacked without any show cause letter on their sacking.

“We were only informed by Bobby through a letter on April 18 that we had been sacked. This was followed by another letter from Kipli two days later.

“We were told that the sacking was made at the Supreme Council meeting on March 26, 2023 at its Sibujaya office. When we asked for the minutes of the meeting, they failed to show them to us.

“It later came as a shock when Bobby and Kipli told us that they had resigned from the party,” Sai told the media here on today (April 24).

The eight Supreme Council members who had been sacked are Sai, Emelia Ambrose (vice-president), Entusa Iman (member), Sawing Kedit (vice- president), Robert Saweng (youth chief), Susan George (women chief), Tonny Sepawi (member) and Ismail Lumut (member).

He said the 18 Supreme Council members appointed by the president at the party’s triennial delegates conference should also be rendered null and void following the resignation of Bobby.

“The resignation of Bobby and Kipli is against the integrity and ethics of the party as members had given them their full faith to run the party.”

Related News

Most Viewed Last 2 Days